The ADVANTECH App is concerned about privacy issues and wants you to be familiar with how we collect, use and disclose information.
- The Terms “WE”, “OUR”, “US”, “COMPANY”, “FIRM”,“ORGANIZATION” refers to ADVANTECH (ADVANTECH EDUCATION PVT. LTD, www.advantecheducation.com) .
– 309/310/311 , 3rd Floor, Mehta Chambers, Above Regency Hotel, Near Bapa Sitaram Market, Opp, Railway Station, Nallasospara, East, 401209, India
Contact Us: https://advantecheducation.com/contact-us/
User means any person or entity who is visiting/browsing our app/website, taking our services and using our app products and programs. Also referred as Customer/Client/Student/You.
- The term “SCHOOL”, or “INSTITUTE” or “TRAINING CENTER” or “COACHING CLASS” or “COACHING CENTER” – all refers to the company/firm/organization ADVANTECH.
- The Term “SERVICE” refers to the app and its features provided to deliver the training service to our students. The Service is designed to help instructors or training institute to use a range of learning tools with a closed group of their students, and to help instructors share their instructional content with their students and with others.
- About – ADVANTECH Organization : Advantech is that the Mumbai-based fast- growing computer education institute is committed to supplying winning edge advanced technology and grooming the scholar to industry professionals by enriching their knowledge in the specific domain also like soft skill training
- Our app offers the learning services(like LMS) to student and management tools for our backoffice staff.
- Discloser: This app is white-labeled from EISdigital.com (Educational ERP System for Schools and Coaching Institutes) . It is transmitting data to EISdigital.com services over secure connection. Also the data or content is stored safely as per the industry standard practices. Check our security practices here
- We limit the information we collect or maintain, how we use it, and who we share it with, to what is needed for this educational purpose.
- Our business model is simple – we charge student for the courses they subscribe from our institute/school. This app is completely free and no additional fees taken from student to use our app. We are not in the business of selling information to third-parties, or of marketing or advertising for third-parties.
- We apply protections for students under age 13 to address COPPA requirements, but almost all protections that we apply to child students we also extend to teen and adult students.
1. ABOUT THE APP
- The core features of the app includes Student Management, Learning Management (LMS), Fees Management, Attendance Management, Live Classes, Placement Management, HRM, Payroll, Communication and related features.
- The intended users of the app are –
1. Student – for learning activities
2. Teachers (K-12 teachers, professors, corporate trainers) – for teaching
3. Parent/Guardian – for monitoring the students performance and related activities
4. Backoffice office team – for handling the business operations
5. Admin – for handling the global permissions, reports and analytics
2. SCOPE OF THIS POLICY
The section titled “Child Student Policy; COPPA” describes how our information policies differ for Child Students.
3. PERSONAL INFORMATION
3.1 Personal Information We Collect
The “personal information”, the information which is used to identity the student/instructor/staff member and communicate them through. The detailed list is mentioned below, which we may collect.
- Contact Number
- Identify Proof / Student ID / UID /Aadhar Card
- Local Address
- Permanent Address
- Father/Mother/Guardian Name
- Guardian Email
- Guardian Contact Number
We intend to only collect Personal Information that is directly related to our delivery or improvement of the Service.
We do not request, collect, or use geolocation data, health data, biometric or genetic data, sensitive data (such as relating to racial, ethnic, political opinion, philosophical or religious belief, criminal background, trade-union membership, or sexual orientation), or data regarding participation in free or reduced lunch programs. We ask that you not send us, and not disclose on or through the Service, any such information.
We do not request, collect, or use behavioral data for any sort of advertising or marketing purpose, or for any purpose disallowed by COPPA
We do automatically collect usage data in the ordinary course of operations, as discussed under “Other Information”
We do request age information, and school/college/institute affiliation, and treat that information as Personal Information when we combine it with Personal Information.
We do not control, and cannot monitor, all information users choose to include in user-created content.
3.2. How We May Collect Personal Information
we may collect Personal Information in a variety of ways, including:
- Through the Service: We may collect Personal Information through the Service, such as when you create an account or upload or submit information(ex. course enquiry), or when you or an Instructor uses voice or video recording features or screen sharing type features. Or you are registered/joined our organization as en employee.
- From Integrated Services: If you decide to register for the Service through, or to otherwise grant access to, a third-party social networking or integrated service that we may make available (each, an “Integrated Service”), such as Facebook Connect or Google, we may obtain your name, email, and gender information from the Integrated Service. You may revoke our access at any time by updating the appropriate settings in the account preferences of the relevant Integrated Service.
3.3. How We May Use Personal Information
We limit use of Personal Information to the following (and further limit its use with respect to Child Students as described under Child Students; COPPA):
- To provide the Service.
- To respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests, such as to send you payment notification, batch schedule, new session announcement.
- To send administrative information to you, such as information regarding the Service and changes to our terms, conditions and policies.
- To send to Instructors or students marketing communications about the Service that we believe may be of interest. You can unsubscribe to marketing communications by contacting our backoffice team.
- For our internal operations business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, fraud monitoring and prevention, developing new products, enhancing, improving or modifying the Service, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and operating and expanding our business activities.
3.4. How Personal Information May Be Disclosed
The Service includes access controls to restrict unauthorized access to Personal Information. We do not sell or rent Personal Information, and do not share it with third-parties for advertising or marketing purposes. We do not disclose Personal Information for research purposes. Except as further limited below with respect to Child Students, Personal Information may be disclosed for the purposes of delivering and improving the Service, in the event of a merger or acquisition, or as mandated by law, as follows:
For all Users:
- To our third-party service providers who provide services supporting the internal operations of the Service, in each case to the limited extent necessary, and subject to assurances about protection and use. (For more details see Third Party Services.)
- If you access the Service through your School or institute’s subscription to the Service, then your School or institute may have Administrative Users who can exercise a range of administrative and oversight activities on behalf of your School or institute, including potentially the ability to access account information; access, disclose or restrict information that you provided through that subscription; and otherwise manage accounts under the School or institute subscription, including changing user types, terminating account access, or accepting or acknowledging changes to our terms.
- Your trainer will also have access about your submissions and other activity through the Service, including, for example, chat-conversation, responses to quizzes or polls, written assignments, written discussion entries, audio captured (for example in class discussions), and information submitted through screen sharing features.
- To your Course Mate Groups (Students of same course / in same classroom). For example, submissions made through the announcements, projects, or screen sharing type features are visible to both your Instructor and other Students in your Course Mate Groups, possibly along with your name and photo.
- By you, if you share publicly, for example on your public profile page, or through other services to which you are able to post information and materials. (Students do not have public profiles, and do not have access to integrated features for sharing through social media). Information you share publicly may be available to other users and the general public. We urge you to be very careful when deciding to share any information outside the Service.
We may also use or disclose Personal Information as we believe to be necessary or appropriate:
(a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence;
(b) to comply with legal process;
(c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence;
(d) to enforce our terms and conditions; and
(e) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others.
If we are compelled by a government request or subpoena/summon to disclose Personal Information, we will use commercially reasonable efforts to notify you or your school/institute/college, to the extent permitted by law and by our contract with your school/college/institute (our customer) where applicable.
Disclosure by Others
We cannot guarantee how other users may use or share your information.
4. OTHER INFORMATION
4.1 Other Information We Collect
“Other Information” is any information that does not, on its own, identify an individual, such as:
- Browser and device information
- Information collected through cookies, pixel tags and other technologies
- Demographic information and other information provided by you or your Instructor (such as birth year and month, and school affiliation, assessment responses, information you submit or store in the Service as user-created content or through course participation)
- Aggregated information
4.2. How We May Collect Other Information
We and our service providers may collect Other Information in a variety of ways, including:
- Through your browser or device: Certain information is collected by most browsers or automatically through your device, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer type (Windows or Mac), screen resolution, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, language and Internet browser type and version. We use this information to ensure that the Service functions properly.
- Using cookies: Cookies are pieces of information stored directly on your device. Cookies allow us to collect information such as browser type, time spent on the Service, pages visited, language preferences and other traffic data. We and our service providers use the information only to support the internal operations of the Service, such as for security purposes, to facilitate navigation, to display information more effectively, to personalize your experience while using the Service and to recognize your device to assist your use of the Service. We also gather statistical information about use of the Service in order to continually improve its design and functionality, understand how it is used and assist us with resolving questions regarding it.
We do not respond to browser “Do Not Track” signals at this time.
- Using pixel tags and other similar technologies: Pixel tags (also known as web beacons and clear GIFs) may be used in connection with the Service to, among other things, track the actions of users (including in connection with the emails we send), measure the success of marketing campaigns and compile statistics about use of the Service and response rates.
- IP Address: Your IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to the computer that you are using by your Internet service provider. An IP address may be identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever a user accesses the Service, along with the time of the visit and the pages visited. Collecting IP addresses is standard practice and is done automatically by many websites, applications and other services. We use IP addresses for the purposes of providing support for the internal operations of the Service, such as calculating usage levels, diagnosing server problems and administering the Service. We may also derive your approximate general location from your IP address.
- From you: Information such as your communications preference may be collected, assessment responses, user-created content, or class participation.
- By aggregating information: Aggregated Personal Information does not personally identify you or any other user of the Service.
4.3. How We May Use and Disclose Other Information
We may use and disclose Other Information for purpose like
(a) if we are required by applicable law to treat Other Information as Personal Information, we will treat it as Personal Information.
(b) we do not use user-created content for any purpose other than as specifically licensed to us
5. CHOICE AND ACCESS
5.1 Your choices regarding our use and disclosure of your Personal Information
- In addition to the fact that Company already configures Google Analytics settings to disable data collection for advertising, all users can choose for their usage to not be tracked by Google Analytics by installing Google’s browser add-on
- For Students, we have already limited our use and disclosure of Personal Information to what is necessary for the purposes of providing the Service to you and your school, and in the event of an Acquisition or legal mandate. For Child Students, we make no other disclosure. For Older Students, any other disclosure is at your sole choice and control by generating and sharing a URL Link.
- If you are a trainer, you may opt out from receiving marketing-related emails/sms from us on a going-forward basis by clicking the unsubscribe link in any such email. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable. Please note that if you opt out of receiving marketing-related emails from us, we may still send you important administrative messages, from which you cannot opt out
5.2. How you can access, change, export or suppress your Personal Information
- User Profile Information : For Personal Information in a user’s profile, if you are registered using an email/sms, you may update, correct or delete that Personal Information through your account settings page. If you, or your child, is not registered using an email, you can make a request through your school, or contact us. Account profile data is very limited, and can be exported by printing your account profile page.
- User-Created Content : If a user includes Personal Information within user-created content, you can access, change or delete that information by deleting or editing that content through the Service, except where the content has been submitted to the Instructor for grading, it can only be modified with Instructor’s permission. You can export or download your user-created content, generally as a PDF/Image file
- Student Assessment (Assignment and Exam Modules) Data : For Student assessment data combined with Personal Information of an identifiable Student, that data can be exported or downloaded by the applicable trainer/faculty.
- Process to Review, Delete, Terminate. Authorized representatives of school/institute are permitted to review Personal Information held on their behalf, in order to verify accuracy, and to request its correction, update, or deletion. If you are an Instructor or authorized school administrator and would like to review the Personal Information we have collected from your Student, or if you would like to ask us to make no further use of, correct, or delete, the Personal Information we have collected from your Student, please contact us. In your request, please include your name and the Student’s name, and specify the action you would like us to take. For the Student’s protection, we may need to verify your identity and relationship before implementing your request.
- Deletion of Information. Personal Information will not be retained longer than it is reasonably required to provide the Service and will be deleted promptly when it is no longer reasonably required or upon request, whichever is earlier, subject to any contractual obligations to the institute or legal compliance if applicable. Company generally intends to maintain Personal Information for a period after a Student last accessed the Service, to enable Students to return to earlier course work for later reference, however we make no guarantee that user information will be retained. Information may be permanently lost if a school/institute, instructor or user terminates a course or an account or end of subscription.
There may also be residual information that will temporarily remain within our databases and other records in back-up systems which will be over-written in the ordinary course, generally within 30 – 90 days. It may not be reasonably possible to locate or delete recordings of screen shares, or a given individual’s voice or image from recordings of class discussions, however, such information will also be deleted when it is no longer necessary to deliver the Services for the institute/school.
6. CHILDREN - UNDER 13 YEARS (COPPA)
6.1. Children and COPPA Generally
As our service/product is EdTech use by students and trainers in schools/coaching institutes, including elementary and middle schools, we are especially sensitive to protect Child Students and their Personal Information.
This section describes how we treat Child Students differently from what is described above for Older Students, and is intended to also explain how we address the requirements of the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”), including requirements for parental consent and our commitment to parents’ ongoing rights regarding their child’s Personal Information.
The definitions of Personal Information and Other Information above applies also to Child Students (as defined above).
This section describes how our information practices are different with respect to Child Students.
6.2. Parental Consent
COPPA requires that an operator of an online service not collect Personal Information from a child without the prior consent of their parent, which consent can be obtained directly from the parent or through the child’s school or training institute.
In our standard practices: For child – it is strongly recommended to use parent’s contact details(email and mobile) for communication. Also we recommend parents to parallel login to their child account to continuously monitor the activities.
Parental consent, as obtained through the school or institute, is limited to collection, use and disclosure of Personal Information required for delivery of the Service (i.e. for sharing with Instructor/school and classmates, and for “internal operations”), or in the event of an Acquisition, or as compelled by law, in each case subject to the restrictions described above in “How Personal Information May Be Disclosed”. Parental consent does not permit any other disclosure to third-parties.
Parental consent can be withdrawn at any time, and Personal Information can be deleted, as described in section 5 of this Policy.
6.3. Required Information
To use the Service, an account is required. During the registration for a course, parent has to fill the physical form (on paper/tablet device) by their own, and he/she can decide/ask what’s necessary to service operations.
Students do not have public account profiles and their information is not visible outside of their Course Mate Groups and authorized institution officials except as described for Older Students under section 6.5 “Social Interactions and Content Sharing”.
6.4. Limited Use of Information
6.5. Social Interactions and Content Sharing
Interactions within the Course Mate Groups are visible to, and can be moderated by, the Instructor/backoffice team. All interactions through the Service are logged.
Child Students cannot use the Service to share their content or interact with individuals outside their Course Mate Groups, managed by the course Instructors.
Older Students are generally subject to the same social interaction and content sharing restrictions as Child Students, except that Older Students (and Instructors) may be permitted to share their own user-created content with individuals outside of the Service. The Older Student is responsible for determining what information, and with whom, to share in this way. Sharing outside the Service is not available for Child Students.
6.6. No In-app Purchases
In-app purchases are not available to Child Students or Teen Students. In-app purchases to upgrade accounts to access additional features or capacity may be available to Adult Students. Such upgrades are available to Child or Teen Students only through an upgrade by their institute/school or purchase by their parent.
6.7. Right to Review, Delete, Terminate
7. ADVERTISING AND MARKETING
We do not advertise or market to Students.
The SMS send to students are all verified and approved by TRAI DLT System in India.
We do not advertise or market third-party products or services to Instructors through the Service or using user email or other Personal Information.
We may promote information about the Service to Instructors through our e-newsletter, through the Service, or using user emails, unless the Instructor unsubscribes as described below.
7.3. Ad Tracking
We do not use third-party advertising services, or ad tracking services or technologies, to display targeted advertising on third-party websites or services. We do not permit any third-party to use student data to create an automated profile, engage in data enhancement, conduct social advertising, or target advertising to students, parents, teachers or schools.
Instructor may opt-out of receiving our e-newsletters at any time by requesting for unsubscribe to our backoffice team.
8. THIRD-PARTY SERVICES
8.1. Third-party Services Supporting Internal Operations.
We use a limited number of third-party service providers, solely to support the internal operations of the Service, including for roles such as website hosting, data transfer, information technology and related infrastructure provision, software development, email delivery, sms delivery, auditing and other services.
The categories of information that may be shared with service providers are limited to what is necessary, and are dependent on the specific services they are providing. In general, we do not disclose Personal Information from a user’s account profile to service providers, and for nearly all service providers, we are able to significantly limit Personal Information that a service-provider might have access to.
8.2. Third-party Authentication
The Service does enable login using third-party authentication integrations, for example to allow a user to log in to the Service using their email or social media account. The information we receive from login provides the name, profile picture, and email address (if available) provided by these services. If you use your email, social media, or federated login account to login to the Service, that third-party service will know that you have logged in to our Service. However, we do not share Personal Information with those authentication providers.
8.3. Services Accessed Through Links or Widgets
- We seek to use reasonable organizational, technical and administrative measures designed to protect the security and integrity of Personal Information within our organization
- We use TLS 1.2 (SSL) security at the network level to secure data exchange, including account information, streaming data, LMS contents.
- Our standard security practices are mentioned here
- The passwords are hashed. Internally, only authorized personnel have access to Personal Information you provide to us and each employee with access to Personal Information is obligated to maintain its integrity and confidentiality.
- Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of your account has been compromised), please immediately notify us by contacting us.
- In the event of a security breach, we will use reasonable measures to notify the affected account holders (which may be through their school or institute), and will notify relevant authorities, in each case to the extent required by applicable law or our agreement with the school or institute.
10. CROSS BORDER TRANSFERS
- Our services are exclusively designed and served in India. We may have few students from outside India.
- The service is operated from India and is not intended to subject us to the laws or jurisdiction of any country other than that of the India
- Your Personal Information may be stored and processed in any country where we have facilities or in which we engage service providers, and, by using the Service, you consent to the transfer of information to countries outside of your country of residence, including the India, which may have data protection rules that are different from those of your country
- In certain circumstances, courts, law enforcement agencies, regulatory agencies or security authorities in those other countries may be entitled to access your Personal Information.
- If we are compelled by a government request or subpoena to disclose Personal Information, we will use commercially reasonable efforts to notify you or your school or institute, to the extent permitted by law and by our contract with your school/institute where applicable.
12. CONTACT US / REPORT ABUSE
If you have any query regarding this policy or anything which seems inappropriate please do contact us through below options.
– 309/310/311 , 3rd Floor, Mehta Chambers, Above Regency Hotel, Near Bapa Sitaram Market, Opp, Railway Station, Nallasospara, East, 401209, India
Contact Us: https://advantecheducation.com/contact-us/
The home page of app (before login) or dashboard (after login) or about us page link contains the contact us details like email address, phone and postal address. You can reach us through any of the medium. Because email communications are not always secure, please do not include sensitive information in your emails to us.